Monday, July 17, 2017

Summer Camp Update - Fire Concerns Expressed

Please pass this message to all members and concerned parties asap.

There is much concern being expressed regarding the forest fires situation and how it might affect Summer Camp.

I am in constant communication with people in the area. At present, there is no immediate threat in the area of Summer Camp. However, much can change in the next three weeks, for better or worse. Also, many of us have to travel through areas already affected by fires. Unfortunately, it is a wait and see situation.

Unless the forest service or forest fire service announces a danger in the area, Summer Camp will go forward. Summer Camp 2015 was surrounded by fires and smoke, and numbers were down because of that, but we still had a successful camp.

Most important! - every member and family needs to make individual decisions regarding their participation based on their own comfort levels regarding smoke, driving conditions, fire proximity, and the resort's cancellation policy if you have registered at the resort. 

Here is the cancellation policy as sent to me from Takysie Resort: 
  • 2 weeks prior notice – no charge
  • 1 week prior – 50% charge
  • 3 to 5 days prior – 75% charge
  • 3 days’ notice – no refund
If there is an immediate danger in the area, we will cancel camp. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you posted. Please do your part by passing these messages on to all of your members and other concerned parties asap.

Stay safe while enjoying the Summer.

Phillip Crewe - Summer Camp Director and 2nd VP, BCLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment