Field Trips - the dry forest conditions have curtailed our activities this summer, and there are two more changes to the schedule:
- September 17th Club Field Trip is cancelled.
- October 7th Field Trip is postponed until October 14th. (7th is Thanksgiving Weekend.)
Rendezvous 2018 - an update was presented on the progress of the organizing committee, and our submission is in the Fall issue of the Rockhounder. The first info sheets will be prepared shortly for the BCLS Website.
Field Trip Policies - the draft Policy and Procedure document has been adopted by the club.
Discussion on sharing field trip location details. There have been a number of issues in our region of exploitation of sites when information has been shared on social media.
- A new site was decimated by out of town people, and holes were left in cattle range area, following a Facebook reveal. The club nearest the site took the heat.
- A rockhounder hauled a large quantity of material out of a site that could have supplied many rockhounders for a very long time.
- When our club last hosted Rendezvous, permission was granted to the club for a field trip to a rhodonite claim. After the field trip, some participants returned to the site and removed massive amounts of material.
- Our club will not be sharing location details outside the club, and BCLS members who join us on Field Trips will be asked to abide by our club policy