It could have been fun, but overnight, the forecast has changed from 30% chance of showers, to steady rain for Sunday.
Saturday, October 17, 2020
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Hi Rockhounders We are planning an exploratory trip
(weather permitting—NO SNOW, no hard rain, no low low temperatures) On Sunday, Oct. 18th leaving Penticton from the Walmart parking lot, south area at
10 am. If you are planning to join us, you need to
contact Jerome Albo (firstname.lastname@example.org
or 250 495 7359) or the club site before Saturday afternoon,. We are heading towards the Clarke Lake area
so we will be at some elevation. You
will need to dress warm, bring your own lunch and necessities. If you are coming from the Keremeos side, you
can take the cut off at Yellow Lake and meet you at the junction of Green
Mountain road and the Apex turn off at 10 30. Social distancing is necessary but should not
present a problem.
Monday, October 12, 2020
The talus is well picked over, but there was stuff to be found. My agate came from a different spot - I'll wash it and post it - didn't unload tonight because I came home to snow.
I was about to put my trailer in storage, when I got an e-mail indicating space had opened up at the Gold Panner Campground. Jerome had inquired earlier, but they were fully booked - they had cancellations because of the forecast, but we had a good weekend - not too wet, a little cold at night, but we had full hook-up sites. 255kms each way, plus the field trip kms.
Saturday, we went to Edgewood, and explored Cedar Creek where it meets the Arrow Lake.
There was no lingering at the tailgate to admire and photograph finds - it was - get back into the truck where it was warm.
A stop at the Inonoaklin River on the way back.