INTERIOR ZONE CAMPOUT – 2016
TO: 1120 Rock Club Raft River Rockhounds
High Country Rockhound Club Shuswap Rock Club
Interlakes Rockhounders Thompson Valley Rock Club
Penticton Geology & Lapidary Club Vernon Lapidary & Mineral Club
Princeton Rock & Fossil Club
FROM: Shuswap Rock Club
WHAT: You are invited to attend the INTERIOR ZONE CAMPOUT, hosted this year by the Shuswap Rock Club.
WHEN: June 17, 18, 19, 2016 (Friday to Sunday)
WHERE: Chase Lion’s Club RV Park, Chase, B.C.
625 Mill Road
· 14 full service (power, water, septic) sites = $40.00/nite
· Dry camping, tents/campers = $25.00/nite
· Restrooms with showers (no charge)
· Check-in = after 11:00 am; checkout = before 11:00 am
Reservations = Phone 250-679-8470 (please handle your reservations directly)
(See “Other Accommodations, at bottom”)
REGISTRATION: Commencing 3:00 pm, Friday, June 17th.
Registration Fees: $6.00 single, $8.00 family (includes 2 adults with or without
children, or single adult with children).
SCHEDULE: Friday Night – hot dogs, starting 6:00 pm or so
Saturday Morning – field trips (locations to be determined)
Saturday Evening – pot luck dinner – 6:00 pm
- Bring a dinner item, and your own plates & utensils
- Coffee & tea proved by Shuswap Rock Club
- Silent Auction – from late afternoon, closing after dinner (8:00 pm?)
Sunday Morning – Pancake Breakfast – 8:00 am
SILENT AUCTION: Please bring a rock-related donation for the auction.
CONTACTS: Pat Boden (250-675-2849) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lorne Morris (250-675-4461) (email@example.com)
Please let one of us know if you plan to attend, so that we can order enough supplies.
The Lion’s Club RV Park is smallish and can fill up quickly, so make your reservation as soon as possible.
There are two other dry camping possibilities in Chase should the Lion’s Park fill before you have the opportunity to book. No reservations required, just go ahead and park.
The two sites are:
1. Chase Curling Club parking lot. (in the downtown area)
- Asphalt covered. Only about 1 km from Lion’s Park.
- Access is from Shuswap Avenue (the main street running through Chase), with a turn onto Wilson Street.
- Parking lot is on the left, shortly after the turn onto Wilson.
- Make a left turn off Shuswap, if coming from the east. Make a right turn off Shuswap, if coming from the west.
2. Near Safety Mart grocery store.
- A grassy area, with some picnic tables.
- About 2 km from Lion’s RV Park.
- Access from Shuswap Avenue. Turn left onto Brook Drive if coming from the east, or turn right onto Brooke Drive if coming from the west.
- Proceed 250 – 300 metres and park on the grassy area to the right of the Safety Mart store.
For those who want to attend, but aren’t able to camp, there are two motels in Chase:
1. CHASE COUNTY INN – 576 Coburn Street, Chase
- 21 rooms, single/double, with and without kitchenette
- Phone: 250-679-3333 for prices and availability
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.chasecountryinn.ca
2. OVERLANDER MOTEL – 181 Shuswap Avenue, Chase
- 12 rooms
- Phone: 250-679-8633 for prices and availability
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.overlandermotel.com
We’re looking forward to a good turnout and a fun weekend. See you there!
Shuswap Rock Club