Monday, July 31, 2017

Re-worked Saws

Hey everyone I have a good selection or reworked diamond saws right now for you to choose from. Starting with a 6 inch and going up to 10 inch units. A total of 8 units are up for sale in the shop with more coming soon. Just sold the last 12 inch and 16 inch. Possibly a 18 inch becoming available during the fall. Call me or text for more info. Thanks.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Summer Camp Cancelled

due to the number of cancellations and concerned calls we have received the results of the poll of pre-registrants,BC's state of emergency,the fire conditions along the two main corridors from the southern parts of the province { hwy 97 and 5 } and the two week cut off date for cancelling with out penalty at takysie lake resort,the bcls is officially cancelling summer camp 2017 at takysie lake.
If you have registered at takysie lake resort,please cancel with them as soon as possible to save your money and to give the resort maximum amount of time to book other guests.
We would like to thank Lakes District club for their work they put in to planning this event,especially Leanne Miranda and Helen Brown,and for graciously considering to co host the event next year.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Summer Camp Update - Fire Concerns Expressed

Please pass this message to all members and concerned parties asap.

There is much concern being expressed regarding the forest fires situation and how it might affect Summer Camp.

I am in constant communication with people in the area. At present, there is no immediate threat in the area of Summer Camp. However, much can change in the next three weeks, for better or worse. Also, many of us have to travel through areas already affected by fires. Unfortunately, it is a wait and see situation.

Unless the forest service or forest fire service announces a danger in the area, Summer Camp will go forward. Summer Camp 2015 was surrounded by fires and smoke, and numbers were down because of that, but we still had a successful camp.

Most important! - every member and family needs to make individual decisions regarding their participation based on their own comfort levels regarding smoke, driving conditions, fire proximity, and the resort's cancellation policy if you have registered at the resort. 

Here is the cancellation policy as sent to me from Takysie Resort: 
  • 2 weeks prior notice – no charge
  • 1 week prior – 50% charge
  • 3 to 5 days prior – 75% charge
  • 3 days’ notice – no refund
If there is an immediate danger in the area, we will cancel camp. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you posted. Please do your part by passing these messages on to all of your members and other concerned parties asap.

Stay safe while enjoying the Summer.

Phillip Crewe - Summer Camp Director and 2nd VP, BCLS.